Sunday, November 30, 2008

Molly's broken leg


My poor little Molly!!!
Yesterday we were going to go up the canyon to shoot guns. While we were getting the guns ready my daughter had our two dogs outside, she put them in the back of the Durango and Molly in all of her infinite wisdom decided to jump out! Ok so normally she has done this at least a thousand times, but oh no not this time she some how landed just right!!! In the house I heard her yelping and went outside to see what happened. She hobbled over to me with her leg dangling!!! Needless to say instead of going shooting we spent the next 5 hours at Banfield pet hospital inside of Petsmart with her. Of course they are surgery happy and wanted us to pay $1500 for surgery. I think not!!!! So they casted her leg and there we were. I had to call work and request to be on call because I had no idea when we would get out of there. It was a good thing, because we didn't get done until after 5:30. The poor little girl!!! This is the second time she has broken a bone. When she was just a little pup she thought it would be fun to "roll" off our balcony (10 ft drop) and broke her paw on the other side. Again they wanted to do surgery, but we couldn't afford it. Same hospital. Imagine that she healed just fine. I don't like them. Why can't animals get hurt during business hours at our regular vet?????

2 comments:

Chad and Becky said...

Poor baby... let me know when we can start her rehab and get her walking again! Good thing her mommy is a nurse ;) Can I sign her cast?!?!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Poor little thing....I can't believe they wanted you to pay $1500 for surgery!! That is insane!

Hope she heals fast!